Thursday, February 6, 2014

An Adventure at Home

This evening I made it home from a business trip just in time to change for the 1940s and head to a showing of Casablanca with a pre-show bop over to Goorin Bros. Hat Shop for their party...except that we were accidentally a week early. Oops! It turned out to be a lot of fun, though--the shopkeeper and assistant shopkeeper were lovely, we had a nice chat, and they let us take some pictures in the store.

We also received invitations to the event for real, so we're excited to go back! In the meantime, I wanted to share these images from our completely unplanned 1940s hat shop shoot. Many thanks to Goorin Bros. for your hospitality! I can't wait to wear my new Simona beret to work tomorrow.
(There aren't any of me because I'm fussy and didn't like any of them, so stay tuned and I'll have some after the real event next week. For now, check these out!)

If I could live in a store, I might want to live here. Library ladder!

Simona berets on display


The classic magnifying glass pose...too perfect to resist!

I hope you enjoyed these! It just goes to show that looking fabulous always leads to adventures. And for anyone looking for a new early 20th century hat, or just to drool, I highly recommend hitting up a Goorin Bros. store (there are two in Boston) or checking them out online.

No comments:

Post a Comment